A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

What Were We Thinking?....

After a long day of "Egyptian plagues" (see below), we decided to go to the home improvement store with our four children in tow. You can already see where this is going can't you? Now normally I enjoy doing this because it usually means something is getting...well, improved! But last night was different. For starters, it was 8:00 pm, I know just shoot me right? Two members of our young brood were not feeling well and the other two were doing their usual poking and picking at each other. This made for an irritated set of parents before we even got through the front door! The conversation inside went something like this; Brian: I need to go to lumber. Josh: Can we ride in a car cart? Brian: no. Tyler: I need to look at paint. Katy: I'm going to "help" Tyler look at paint. Me: No, you are coming with us. Brian: We need a square round, and some corner thingys and this that and blah blah blah. (not exactly, but that's what I heard) Josh: This stick is a great sword! Me: Josh put that down it's not a weapon! Josh: I have to go potty. Me: Tyler take Josh to the bathroom. Katy, with a special glint in her eye: I have to go too. Me: Tyler take your sister too and wait for her. Brian: blah, blah blah. Meghan: I think I have a fever (said with much drama). By this time I am frazzled and Brian is in his " project zone". Next thing I know, Katy comes running down the aisle with both brothers chasing her, she slides into the cart and erupts in tears as her brothers slip and fall on top of her. Me: Get up! This is a store not a playground! Katy are you ok? Just stand here and don't move! Brian: This is ridiculous, I've had enough! Enough of what? Sticks and blah, blah?! Me, in a somewhat unpleasant tone: We need to go! Brian, looking rather red faced: grunt, let's go I'll come get the blah, blah,blah tomorrow! So, we all happily exit the store and load into the van. Josh, spotting a fireworks tent: Can, we stop and get some sparklers and bombs?.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I remember those shopping days, LOL. Ask Brian how he and Nick would be poking at each other during our outings and while checking out at the register.....people often thought they were serious with their pokes and the looks on their faces, LOL