A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Friday, July 13, 2007

LET ME IN!!!....

Home Owners Associations! It's a love hate relationship for most people, I'm just wanting the chance to love or hate them! In our new neighborhood we have a pool, boat dock, ball field, playground and tennis courts. I know, just call Lifestyles of the Fabulously Ghetto Sheik! We are dying to take advantage of some of these things, however there have been some obstacles. First of all, the "person in charge" has his house for sale and apparently has flown the coop. For some reason he is still "in charge" but you can't actually get ahold of him. The number two man is very sweet and would love to take our money, but has no keys to give us right now. I don't know if there's a number three person, but somebody just go unlock the gate!! We're sweating here and have to drive by a nice pool with lounge chairs that I know were put there especially for me, and we can't get in. And what if I needed the boat dock? I realize I do not have a boat, but perhaps Brian will surprise me and bring one home with him today and we won't be able to use it and it will just sit in our driveway looking all shiny and speckled in the sun and the kids will climb on it and break stuff before we even get to use it and this has got to be the longest run-on sentence ever!! I know you can all feel my frustration over this and if you can't, well then I'm not inviting you over to look at my shiny (pretend) boat or swim in my pool with the locked gate! So as of right now I will continue to call the disconnected number of man number one hoping that maybe he moved back and I will beg man number two to go make a key, maybe if I take my hot sweaty children down to his house he will be more sympathetic! I'm sure eventually we will get a key. By that time it will be winter, the pool will be filled with chunks of ice, the lake will be drained thanks to the TVA and their "conservation" efforts and some smart new "person in charge" will go change the lock! Optimistic I am not.

No comments: