A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Please Let Today Be Better....

Yesterday was one of those days. You know, the kind of day when you realize shortly after you get out of bed that you probably should have just stayed there. It started off with our dogs wreaking havoc in their kennel. I will spare you the disgusting details just know it involved a ton of lysol! This "havoc" required that one animal be banished to the great outdoors and the other needed to be shaved and bathed. (She needed a haircut anyway, but that is beside the point) So after an hour of buzzing razors and sudsy fun she was clean, sparkly and smelled oh so sweet. Then she proceeded to go down the stairs, stop half way, get sick and continue on like nothing ever happened. Again, no disgusting details, but this time it required the carpet shampooer and that's all I'll say! At this point I am wondering if I even want to continue living when I walk into my laundry room to find my washer leaking all over the floor. Are you feeling my pain yet? I mean what was going on here? Was this some kind of test of my character, cause I gotta tell ya, I was failing!!
moving on...
So after cleaning all of that stuff up, we settled into some school work we needed to catch up on. Then what to my wondering eyes doth appear? Algebraic equations involving parallelograms and coordinates on a plane. Why don't they just call them squares and dots? I mean really...do you ever go around saying "oh look, the shoe store is in the shape of a parallelogram"? I think not.
Here's another question. Why do small children want to ride their bikes around the neighborhood if they are going to require you to push them up the hills and hold them going down the hills so they don't go to fast? I think it's some sort of unspoken conspiracy on the part of preschoolers to torture tired and dog poop covered mothers!
I have to go eat some chocolate now. I'm stressed out just thinking about what today may bring...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know what? I will pray for you today...if you will pray for me ;o)

It's got to be a tag team effort ya know?

I love you gal! Amy