A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy....

My life is a whirlwind of activity lately! It seems that everytime I think it's slowing down something new pops up. I'm sure everyone out there can relate! Our weekend was crazy busy! On Saturday I went to a conference in Nashville. It was a training conference for a new business I want to get into. I'll tell you more about that when it's official. But what was supposed to be a day that was finished by 3:30 or so lasted until 6:30...or so. This was due to running out of gas on the side of the interstate. Funny huh?! Just know that I was not the one driving.
Sunday of course is always busy with church and family. We were so excited to have our dear friends Walter and Carole come for lunch. We hadn't seen them in quite a while.
I was thinking I could take today and just veg, but then I was pulled out of my alternate universe by the pitter patter of little feet running in my room this morning and jumping on my bladder and telling me he wanted breakfast. Why do they always aim for the bladder? It's like some kind of radar! Anyway, no vegging for me except for the 200 servings a day I need to eat to attempt to stay skinny. (I realize that implies that I am already skinny...it's a new form of motivation I'm trying...see yourself skinny!)
We have two children with birthdays this week. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's actually kind of depressing that I am old enough to have these people in my house. Where did they come from and when did they get so sassy? Next week we will have our 15th anniversary! This is also very hard to believe!! The next week we have one more child birthday and one husband birthday. (I know, I only have one husband but I'm going with a theme here) Needless to say August is a busy month in which we have no leftover time or money!! Oh well....at least I'll be skinny!.........

No comments: