A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sticks and Stones....



So yesterday, I was helping my friend run some errands. She is a new mom and is still trying to recover from the "birthing experience". I of course jumped at the chance to help her, after all someone needed to hold the baby. I call it my baby holding ministry!

Anyhoo...

As we're standing in the checkout line at Walmart, the cashier looks at me with the little bundle in my arms and says "Is this your first grandchild?" Gasp, sputter, cough, nearly drop the baby! Thankfully before I could say anything that would land me in jail witty, my friend jumped to my rescue, as did the woman behind us in line. The problem is now the damage is done. Look at my picture people! I'm 33 years old and apparently look like I'm 50 or 60 or 300! Surely there must be something wrong with this woman's eyes! Maybe she has cataracts or her glasses were foggy or she had the Ebola virus as a child and it caused her to become the wicked witch of the west have clouded judgement. I don't know what her issues are but now I certainly have some! First thing this morning I have to call and make an appointment for Botox, possibly get some nipping and tucking done and run to Home Depot for a five gallon bucket of spackle for my face! Then I will need to see a therapist!!

I hope that cashier will forever be haunted by the "young lady" in her checkout line that will now be emotionally scarred for life because of her obviously ridiculous comment! Maybe next time she'll just ask me if I'm pregnant!

Well I'm off to Home Depot, they're having a sale on spackle........

7 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

You are adorable!! And you look nothing like a grandmother. Maybe she thought you were a 15 yr. old mother and your child followed in your footsteps?

Danielle said...

Thank you! You are my new best friend! =)

Anonymous said...

You look great! Obviously the check out girl was 13 and has no perception of age! I remember when I was 17 and I thought 30 was old. Now, that I'm 39, 50 seems young to me! I hope I look as good as you when I'm a "Grandma" :o)

Danielle said...

The funny thing is this woman was a grandmother herself! I hear you about 50 seeming young! Isn't it funny how our perspective changes as we get older?

Entropy said...

This cracks me up! You so do not look like a grandmother!

Anonymous said...

I have a similar story. Depressing but funny. You hardly look 30! I'm not sure I would have kept my mouth shut but I would have had a hard time coming up with a witty comment in response.

Anonymous said...

Now don't let these ladies tell you that you don't look 50....get real and go get your spackle like the rest of us who have 4 children and wear Depends. .....just kidding....but THAT WAS HILARIOUS!......but the way I thought you were pregnant.....you're not?!

Love you! A