A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Thank You Mr. Advertising!....

My girls were having a discussion in the car yesterday over what they wanted for their birthdays. They crack me up when they do this because if they think it's something a little too pricey for mom and dad to purchase they resign themselves to "saving up for it". (Even if it is a gazillion dollars) Now given the fact that they are currently 10 and 7, their incomes are not that colossal! Katy wants one of those "I have to have it, it is my favorite thing in the whole wide universe and all my friends have one" items. She saw one online but doesn't want to have to pay shipping (yet fully expects me to!). They were discussing and asking Brian and I where else might carry this particular thing. We suggested several stores and gave them an idea of what it might cost. Then, without missing a beat, Meghan pipes up and says "I think we should just check Walmart. They sell for less." I don't know whether to be grateful to Walmart or throw a rock at my TV. At least they know how to shop for a bargain! Way to go girls...you warm your mama's heart!

No comments: