A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pharaoh Would Not Be Happy....

So here's my question. Why wasn't removing wallpaper one of the plagues on Egypt? Yes, I realize it wasn't invented yet but that is beside the point! I mean if you really wanted to convince someone to "let my people go" maybe you should consider this punishment. Moses could have thrown down his staff and Pharaoh's palace could have been instantly covered in flowered wallpaper that is at least 20 years old...you know the kind that your 80 year old grandmother (who suffers from dementia, bless her heart) thinks is "pretty". Then the Egyptians could have been forced to remove it without the help of the Israelites! Ha! That will teach them to enslave God's people! It would be even better if after stripping one layer they discovered another layer of even older, uglier paper. Can you tell what I've been dealing with here people? Don't get me wrong there are some instances when wallpaper can be very attractive, however the stuff in my new house is...well it's just not! I mean what were the previous owners thinking? "Oooh, look at all the pretty pink flowers, let's glue them to the wall!"
At least it's temporary. I know that within the next century I will get all the wallpaper down and have nice, clean, neutrally painted walls. I have to wonder though.....what does God think when He looks at us power seeking, money hungry, Americans who have taken our eyes off of Him? Wallpaper plague? I pray not!

No comments: