A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

What Happened to that Fish?....

Well, several of you have asked for the fish story so here goes... One happy, sunny day, not to long ago, Josh acquired a fish from his sister for the bargain price of 25 cents. He was very proud of his new found responsibility, and he thought he should clean the fish bowl. So, as I was talking on the phone, Josh came and asked me where the net and extra bowl were. Of course because I am such a wonderful mother I told him to wait a minute and shooed him away. Time passed. I'm not really sure how much time because frankly I forgot he had even asked me! The next thing I know his big sister Meghan, who has the special gift of reporting (or as some people like to call it, tattling), comes running down the stairs to inform me that Josh put his fish in the toothbrush holder! Apparently he had grown tired of waiting on me and decided to take the matter into his own hands. I thought this was a stroke of genius on his part, and was trying to contain my laughter! What fabulous problem solving skills...he must be homeschooled! Meghan did not think this was funny and was actually rather disgusted, and don't even get me started on big sister Katy's reaction when she realized that her toothbrush was still in the holder with the fish! It was quite an exciting event. Needless to say the fish survived and has a clean bowl, Meghan got over her disgust and Katy got a new toothbrush out of the deal. Josh has learned that the toothbrush holder is probably not the safest place to put his fish and I had another lesson in paying attention!
So there it is, the story behind the title of this blog. It just seemed like a perfect fit for our family considering that these types of incidents are rather normal occurrences around here.
p.s. we also replaced the toothbrush holder =)

2 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

Hilarious! Love your blog!

Danielle said...

Thanks so much! Smockity Frocks is one of my favorites!! It was one of the first blogs I ever read!