A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Are We There Yet?....

Vacation Bible School. Those three little words bring back such fond memories from my childhood! Memories of macaroni necklaces, koolaid and butter cookies with a hole in the middle, and singing Jesus Loves Me until I thought I would pass out. Those are the things that made me look forward to this wondrous event every summer. Then came the days when my own children could also experience the joys of VBS (or as I now affectionately call it "the week of Very Bad Sleep").
I am waiting for the Vacation part to start! Who exactly is going on this vacation and when will we get there? Somewhere along the way I went from Yeah! VBS! to uhhhhh, who are these masses of children with their sweaty faces covered in craft glue? Are these the vacationers? Don't they have chaperones? But then something happens. Those sweaty, gluey, children look up at you with their toothless smiles and tell you how much fun they are having and all the neat things they are learning (like how to wash off fake leprosy) and you realize what you are there for. I can't think of a better vacation than that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fake leprosy...now that is impressive....they don't do that at our VBS.....hhhmmmm ;0).....later gal, A