A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This and That....

Blogging has been slow here lately. There just hasn't been much to say. I think the bajillion degree heat has just gotten to me! I don't feel like doing much of anything. Of course this can be a problem if you are the mother of four children who always feel like doing something!
This past week has been busy as usual despite my lazy feeling. Meghan and Josh went camping for a week with Nana. Camping with Nana is always an adventure and the kids look forward to it with major excitement! Nana is fun! She leads them on adventures that I would shake my head at. They spend hours in the creek catching salamanders and crawfish and building little slides to ride down on their tubes. They go in search of wildlife. I think they saw 7 bears, a whole bunch of deer and some really cool owls! When they get tired of the creek they go to the dollar store where there is all manner of high quality toys available for purchase and yes, Nana is very accommodating! The best thing about this is the memories they are creating together! One day the kids are going to look back and remember this as one of the best times of their lives! I'm so grateful that they have a Nana who loves them deeply and wants to spend time with them. That kind of commitment to family is irreplaceable. I never have to worry when they are with her. I know that she takes perfect care of them and always does what is best for them, like giving them doughnuts for breakfast only after they have finished all of their Fruit Loops!
What were the rest of us doing while those two were off adventuring in the wilderness? School! It's that time of year again and we got some serious studying in. It was nice to be able to focus on two at a time. Of course the week wasn't all work and no play. Katy and I did manage to fit in a pedicure and Tyler hung out with the youth group at Splash Country, but other than that it was all work....I promise!

No comments: