A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baby Boy....

Another birthday celebration is on the schedule for today! Josh turns 6 today and lets just say I'm not as excited about it as he is! That may seem terrible for a mother to say, but I can't help it. When I look at him, I see my baby boy....the last of my offspring and I want him to stay that way. Oh I know he will always be the baby, but it's not the same when they are older. Just last night as we were eating dinner he referred to himself as a man. I must admit it was very cute, but also made me realize that he is growing up. Josh keeps me laughing....all the time! From putting fish in inappropriate places to giving daily rock concerts (he has another one planned for his birthday party) there is always something exciting happening in his life! He is animated, passionate, impulsive and adorable! The joy he brings to our family is indescribable! This is the child who spends hours coming up with elaborate traps for wild animals that might venture into his room, and then tells me he couldn't possibly clean it up because it's his army base. He's very creative in his avoiding chores and he frequently gets away with it by flashing his dimples! His laugh is infectious and there's no way you can avoid smiling when you hear it. He is a priceless gift to our family and we love him dearly! Happy Birthday baby boy...as you would say "I think you're better than a pickle on a stick!"

No comments: