A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Are We All In This Together?....

High School Musical, it's the stuff dreams are made of! Unless you are in your 80's or have been living in a cave on a deserted island you know about this fabulous Disney work! It's everywhere...we can't get away from it. Walmart sells it, the mall is loaded with it even the local jiffy store has candy with Troy Bolton's picture on it. What is this world coming to? Now because I have two young girls in my house we are forced to watch anything remotely related to the High School Musical craze, we even have the karaoke CD! What I want to know most is where do you find this kind of high school....I might stop homeschooling my kids if I knew they could have perfect skin, perfect clothes and break into perfectly choreographed song and dance in the middle of chemistry class! How fabulous would that be?! I don't remember this from my days at Lake Weir High! I have always considered myself mostly perfect, but the song and dance part would have been "OFF THE HOOK"!!
So when will this craze end? Is there going to be a third installment of SharPey's antics and will my kids stuffed animals be forever named Gabriella and Troy? And more importantly, who names their kid SharPey...isn't that a scrunchy faced chinese dog? We are waiting on pins and needles for answers to these all important questions! In the meantime I have discovered that spelling words are written with a little more enthusiasm with a pink pencil covered with the Wildcats emblem!

2 comments:

theups said...

HAHA!! This made me laugh!! My little one is too small to notice High School Musical, but two of my nieces are mad about it!!!! Posters are everywhere in their house!!

I was wondering, too, about SharPey. Are girls going to grow up and actually NAME their daughters that? HAHA!!

Remember Boy Meets World? A lady near us actually named her daughter Topanga!! LOL!!

His,
Mrs. U (LOL about your post still!!)

Anonymous said...

Topanga...SharPey!!!! That IS awful......Somebody is surely smokin crack later gal, A