A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

To Sing What They Could Sing....

Yesterday was one of those days where I needed to be trapped in the car for several hours with antsy children. Thank goodness for the DVD player! But alas you can only watch so many movies and I was tired of them arguing over the remote, so I suggested another activity.

My children have always been very creative and usually have no problem coming up with something to do.

I was not surprised that within a few minutes they had formed a plan that would make me want to throw myself out the window into oncoming interstate traffic.

"Let's practice Christmas songs", I heard from the backseat. Why O why didn't I bring more movies? UGH!!

I guess when you are 6 and 8 it's very important to practice Christmas songs in August, that way you won't be rusty come December.

So after several rounds of Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls, and a very interesting version of Silent Night, I thought they were finished. But....then what to my listening ears should I hear....the suggestion of another song.

"Mom, how's that one go? You know Jesus Went Over the Mountain?" Josh asked in all seriousness.

To which I replied "what in the blazes are you talking about?"! I didn't remember that song from past Christmases. Josh however was insistent that it was his very favorite and he learned it in church.

Then it hit me. He was referring to Go Tell it on the Mountain! Of course!

It's a good thing Mary and Joseph didn't have to carry Jesus over the mountain. They might have run into that pesky bear!

No comments: