A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yummy Cesear Salads!....

I'm lovin' all of the fun summer blog carnivals and swaps! Today Big Mama is asking us to share our favorite summer recipes. I don't know about you, but turning on the oven or even the grill when it's 90+ degrees outside is not very appealing to me, so cool alternatives are always welcome in my kitchen!

My family loves Cesear Salads, so I like to doctor them up with a little meat to make it more filling.

Just tear up some lettuce, iceberg works best. Throw in whatever leftover meat you have, chicken and steak are our favorites. (make sure the meat has been sliced and chilled) Toss in some parmesan cheese, croutons and your favorite Cesear dressing and VOILA! you have a yummy cold summer meal.

The key for the best chilled salad is to put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes before serving. This makes it crunchy and extra cold.

Throw some bread on the table and you are done! Mmm Mmm Good....Enjoy!!

7 comments:

Sue said...

I love the freezer idea.

What is your favorite ceasar dressing? I have a hard time finding one I like. (it could be because I'm too picky)

Katy said...

yes that's what we like. Don't know about stake but chiken is grate. I love you Katy.

Danielle said...

I like just plain old Kraft cesear dressing. I'm still searching for a recipe that tastes like Outback's kind!

The Momster said...

I'd never thought about putting it in the freezer - great tip!

I love salads in the summer time, especially if we have some leftover grilled chicken! Yum!

Jamie said...

We love ceasar salads at our house too. Thanks for the freezer tip, I had never heard that before. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog...I learned something new.

Anonymous said...

Oh yumm! I love salads and I never thought of putting steak in that sounds great thanks!

Anonymous said...

Think I might have a salad today for lunch! Thanks.. you may have just saved me some calories, hehe.. Susie H~