A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Point Your Toes and Break a Leg....

This week is dance recital. For those of you caught up in the "tutu trap" you know exactly what that means. Endless rehearsals, sewing, laundry and cranky kids. I have spent the last 9 months driving to another town two days a week, in order for my girls to have good training. This has involved countless hours of my time, money, and patience. But we have reached the culmination! This weekend will be filled with beautiful (and ridiculously expensive) costumes, makeup, hair and so much sequins even a princess could not compete! For three and a half minutes they will take the stage, the spotlights will shine on their smiling faces, they will be the prima ballerinas of their classes and then.....thunderous applause! There will be shouting and hooting from various parents. Cameras will be flashing and videos running to capture every moment. And then when all is said and done they will be given large bouquets of roses and taken out for ice cream. I don't know how life could be any better..... maybe it's time for me to take dance again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay....can I just Amen that, freakin sign me up to, I love dag gone ice cream!!!!! Amy