A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Time to Clean Out My Ears....

Have you ever felt that God is speaking to you and moving in your heart, but you couldn't really understand what He was saying? I have been really feeling this lately. It seems that so many things are going on in my life that I haven't been able or willing to listen to His direction. What is it that He is asking of me? Are my priorities straight? Do I even really want to know what He is saying? These are all things that have been heavy on my heart the last couple of weeks. I have been trying to make decisions without asking Him for direction...something that rarely works. I am feeling burnt out with housekeeping, childrearing and homeschooling, yet I continue to go on about my daily routine with out involving the One who can restore me.
Why is it that we are so afraid sometimes to let go and let God? Do we think He will not do what is best for us? I know exactly what I have been thinking...If I let go and let God, He may do something that is not fitting with my agenda. Funny how that works huh?
Today is a new day and a chance to begin listening. I think it's time I cleaned out my ears!

No comments: