A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Stars Told Me So....

Every morning it is there. It lurks in a small corner of my homepage just beckoning me to look over and read it. It is my horoscope. I did not ask for it to be put there, instead my internet provider is kind enough to put it there as a courtesy for me so I can know if my day is going to be pleasant or marred by tragedy.
Now before you get panicked and think I'm going all pagan on you let me elaborate on my horoscope situation.
I use to completely ignore it. Matter of fact for a long time I wasn't even aware that it was on the page. Then one day, as there was absolutely nothing else I should be doing, I looked. And then I laughed. Today you will face many challenges. Oh, Mr. Horoscope writer, surely you jest. I am but a lowly mother of four, homeschooler, laundress, bathroom scrubber and neurosurgeon....I could not possibly face any challenges today! HA!
So since that fateful day when I knew ahead of time that I would face challenges, I have read my little horoscope for amusement. Some days it is just a stroke of brilliance...Get organized today, your life will be more enjoyable. Oh my gosh, the divine inspiration! Did I mention I have four kids?
So by now you are probably wondering where all this is going right?
Well, today was my most inspiring and disturbing horoscope yet. Today you will be a beacon of light for a friend. What?! A beacon?! Aren't beacons very large? This cannot possibly apply to me, because I am very tiny! Then it hit me. The obvious translation of this is that I am to remove my clothes and use my winter white body for a friend that is trapped in a cave and can't find their way out! The brightness that would glow off of me would light their path, with the added bonus of still being able to use both hands!
So to all of my friends who will be spending their day spelunking, I'm here for you!

No comments: