A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stuff n' Nonsense....

As anyone with eyes can see, blogging here has been nonexistent lately. I just haven't had anything to say. Those of you that know me well are now trying to pick your jaws up off the floor! I know it is shocking that I would have nothing to say, but it's the truth I'm afraid. It just seems that lately I've been in a funk. You know when life is normal and everything is pretty much as it should be, but you just can't explain your mood? That's where I'm at.
Anyhoo...I'll just share a few recent happenings in our house.
Brian and I went to VEGAS last weekend! It was a blast!! I wasn't sure what to expect, what with the whole "sin city" thing and all, but we loved it! (Not the sin, the city) There's so much there to do and see that you can hardly take it in. The downside was that I got very sick...some sort of inner ear thing triggered by air sickness we think....and we had to come home a day early. That's ok though, it was a wonderful time for the two of us and I can't wait to do it again! I mean how could you not want to go back to a place that has a buffet on every corner?!
I am not anywhere near done with my Christmas shopping. Matter of fact, I have only shopped for one day. This is overwhelming me and just plain freaking me out! Why is it that for the whole rest of the year I spend approximately 363 days shopping, but when it comes to Christmas I can only squeeze in 1 ? Frustrating I tell you!!!
We have a new puppy. This is something like having a newborn, but fluffier and with sharp teeth! He is an adorable cocker spaniel with big brown eyes and freckles on his nose. He also has that sweet puppy look that is constantly saying "no mommy, it really is ok if I chew the ornaments off the Christmas tree". So far we haven't had any major debacles with him, keep in mind though that we have only had him for 3 days. I'm expecting a catastrophe at any moment! And yes, you can call me "susie sunshine" since I have such a good attitude!
I guess that pretty much does it for all of my ramblings. Hopefully soon I will have something a little more exciting to say......of course that would probably mean there has been a major incident at our house so maybe I'll hope for a little more dullness!

No comments: