A daily journal of our family's crazy hijinks and how this mama of 4 tries to survive them!

Friday, November 2, 2007

Don't Judge the Candy By It's Cover....

Trick or Treating went very well for us this year! Four kids times 300 pounds of candy each....why that's 1200 pounds of sugary goodness that is now sitting on my kitchen counter! The kids all scored the usual stuff....Reese's, Lollipops, Nerds and even a couple granola bars which of course they gave to me....how generous. But there was one mysterious piece of candy that was troubling Josh. After examining its square shape and yellow wrapper with red lettering, he brought it to me and very disgustedly said, "I can't believe somebody gave me butter!" How precious is that?! I did contain my laughter long enough to tell him that it was in fact not butter, but yet another piece of future tooth decay. He was much relieved, and I went to my room to let loose a rip snorting, hoot fest so as not to make him feel bad! I'm such a good mom....now where'd they hide their Reese's?......

No comments: